Thursday, January 21, 2010

homemade bouillon

In my last post, I went off about the labor-intensive practices of making your own stock or broth. And then I found this post on Heidi Swanson's blog about making your own bouillon:

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/homemade-bouillon-recipe.html

She adapted this from another cookbook and it simply seems like an awesome idea. The problem I have with making stock, is I hate straining all the vegetables, therefore loosing all the fiber and having to throw away all the nutrient depleted components. It seems like such a waste. This technique uses a food processor to simply chop up all the veggies until they're basically a paste. You can add cilantro, parsley, dried herbs and spices. Once again, the variations are endless. And you can freeze it!  I love this idea. I'm definitely going to try this out real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment